Scrumptious Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 cups||All Purpose Flour|
|2 cups||Granulated Sugar|
|2 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1.5 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|0.5 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|0.25 tsp||Cloves ground|
|1 cup||Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise|
|3 cups||Carrot peeled and grated|
|1 cup||Pineapple well drained and crushed|
|1 cup||Toasted Walnuts chopped (or pecans)|
|6 ozs||Cream Cheese softened|
|4 cups||Confectioners Sugar|
|4 tbsp||Imperial® margarine|
|4 tsp||Lemon Juice|
|2 tsp||Regular Vanilla Extract|
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C). Grease 2 x 9-inch (23 cm) cake pans and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Add Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, milk and eggs. With an electric mixer, beat at low speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl frequently. (Batter will be thick.) With a large spoon, stir in grated carrots, drained pineapple and walnuts. Evenly spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, margarine, lemon juice and vanilla until light and creamy, about 5 minutes. Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.