Seared Salmon Salad with Ruby Grapefruit and Snow Peas
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|4 med||Salmon Fillet about 400 g total|
|2 tsp||Olive Oil|
|1 cup||Snow peas trimmed|
|8 Leaves||Boston lettuce leaves washed and dried|
|1 lrg||Ruby Red Grapefruit|
|0.25 cup||Ruby Red Grapefruit juice|
|1 tbsp||Dijon Mustard|
|1 tsp||Granulated Sugar|
|0.25 cup||Olive Oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic minced|
|1 tbsp||Fresh dill finely chopped|
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/8 tsp salt. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tsp olive oil, then salmon, skin-side up. Cook until underside of fillet is light golden, about 3 to 4 min.
- Turn fish over and continue cooking until a knife tip inserted in centre and held for 10 sec comes out warm, about 3 more min.
- Bring water to boil in a kettle. Place snow peas in a bowl and pour hot water over to cover. Drain after 30 sec. Immediately rinse with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Divide lettuce and arugula among 4 plates. Peel avocados and remove pits. Cut into small cubes.
- 4Slice peel from top and bottom of grapefruit. Cut off and discard remaining peel, including white pith, so flesh is showing. Cut out segments over a medium bowl to catch juice. Leave segments in bowl and measure out 1/4 cup juice. Pour into a small bowl. Whisk in Dijon, sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 cup oil, garlic and dill. Arrange avocados and grapefruit on greens, then top each plate with a warm salmon fillet. Drizzle salads with dressing just before serving.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.