Shakshouka Goes to Italy!
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil to medium high. Add onions and peppers and cook for three minutes, stirring often.
- Add Great Value Onion and Garlic Pasta Sauce and stir to combine with onions and peppers. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Make four indentations in the sauce and break in the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Remove from heat, top with fresh basil.
- With a large serving spoon, transfer two eggs to a pasta bowl. Divide remaining sauce evenly between bowls. Serve with grilled garlic toast.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.