Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
8 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water and Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.