So Good Pumpkin Pie
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|0.67 cup||All Purpose Flour|
|0.67 cup||Whole wheat flour|
|0.3 cup||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|0.25 cup||Water iced|
|1 tsp||White vinegar|
|1 tbsp||1% plain yogurt|
|1 can||Unsweetened pure pumpkin puree|
|0.67 cup||Brown Sugar|
|2 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1.5 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|0.5 tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Ginger|
|0.5 ml||Ground Allspice|
- Mix flours with salt in medium bowl. Cut in Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* with finger tips or two knives until large crumbs begin to form; set aside. Blend water, yogurt and vinegar with wire whisk. While stirring flour mixture with a fork, gradually add just enough water mixture to form dough. Shape into a ball, then wrap in plastic wrap. Flatten dough into a disc and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Blend pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, spices and salt in medium bowl with wire whisk; set aside.
- Set oven rack on bottom shelf of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll dough between large pieces of plastic wrap forming 30cm circle.Discard top piece of plastic, then turn dough into pie plate. If dough is a little sticky, brush with flour. Trim dough, then fold overhanging dough so it meets the edge of the pie plate and crimp edges.
- Pour in filling, smoothing surface. Bake 15 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue baking 20 minutes or until center of pie is just set when wiggled. Cool completely on wire rack.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.