Spiced Holiday Sugar Cookies
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 tsp||Baking Soda|
|1 tsp||Club House Ground Cinnamon|
|0.25 tsp||Club House Ground Nutmeg|
|1.25 cups||Granulated Sugar|
|2 tsp||Club House Pure Vanilla Extract|
For Colourful Cookie Icing
|1 cup||Icing Sugar|
|0.5 tsp||Club House Pure Vanilla Extract|
|Club House Red Food Colour 3-4 drops assorted Club House Food Colour Preparation|
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat granulated sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate dough 2 hours or overnight until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out dough on lightly floured surface* to 1/8-in (0.25 cm) thickness. Cut into shapes with favourite cookie cutters. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients except food colours. Stir in additional milk as needed to thin icing or more icing sugar to thicken, if needed. Place small amount of icing into small shallow bowls, using one bowl for each colour desired. Stir drops of food colour into icing until desired shade is reached.
- To ice cookies, hold cookie by its edge and dip top of cookie into icing or spoon the icing onto the cookie using a teaspoon. Place iced cookies on wire rack set over foil-covered baking sheet to dry. The foil covered sheet will catch drips. To add decorative detail to cookies, spoon tinted icing into resealable plastic bags. Snip off a tiny piece of the corner. Squeeze icing through the hole in the bag to decorate cookies.
*Mix ¼ cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour and ¼ cup (50 mL) icing sugar to use for dusting the surface.
- Almond Holiday Sugar Cookies: Use 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Almond Extract
- Orange Holiday Sugar Cookies: Use 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Orange Extract
- Lemon Holiday Sugar Cookies: Use 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Lemon Extract
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.