Spring Oven-Baked Chicken Dinner
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 400F. Leave skin on chicken or pull off as you wish. Place on an oiled rimmed baking sheet or baking dish big enough to hold all the chicken in a single layer (be careful not to crowd your pan). Cut butter into little bits and press on chicken, dividing evenly.
- Place potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with just enough oil to coat and toss. Scatter around chicken. Sprinkle chicken with tarragon, and both chicken and potatoes with salt. Place in oven and set timer for 10 min.
- Tumble tomatoes into a bowl and drizzle with enough oil to generously coat. Stir, then sprinkle with basil and salt, and toss. When chicken has roasted 10 min, baste chicken with pan juices. Stir potatoes and scatter tomatoes around the chicken.
- Continue roasting until chicken feels springy when tapped and reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Potatoes should be fork tender and tomatoes softened. This will take another 20 to 30 min for a total roasting time of 30 to 40 min.
- Put spinach, if using, in a bowl. Add hot tomatoes along with a few spoonfuls of pan juices and toss. Sprinkle with mint or parsley, and serve with chicken.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.