Stovetop Garlic Chicken
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels then sprinkle with salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add oil, then half of chicken, skin-side down. Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn over and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Return chicken and any juices to the skillet. Stir in garlic cloves and herbs. Season with pepper. Reduce heat to medium-heat. Cover and simmer, stirring ocasionally, until chicken is cooked, about 25 minutes. Transfer chicken and half of the garlic to a platter and cover with foil. Remove remaining garlic to a cutting board. Pour broth into skillet and increase heat to a medium-high. Boil scaping of any browned bits from pan bottom into sauce. When broth is reduced, about 5 minutes, add water.
- Continue boiling until sauce is reduced to a 1 cup, about 5 min. Peel and mash garlic on cutting board. Whisk garlic into sauce. Remove bay leaves, then drizzle sauce over chicken.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.