Strawberries & Cream Bars
2 hr 5 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Beat butter, 1 egg and cake mix in large bowl with mixer until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture; press remaining onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 10 min.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla until blended. Add remaining egg; mix well.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crust; top with strawberries. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 min. or until centre is set and crumb topping is lightly browned. Cool completely. Refrigerate 30 min. before cutting into bars.
- Garnish with sifted icing sugar just before serving.
Substitute raspberries or blueberries, or a combination of both, for the strawberries.
Line empty pan with parchment or foil, with ends of parchment extending over sides. Use to prepare dessert as directed. When ready to serve, use parchment handles to lift cooled dessert from pan.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.