Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
1 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1||Spaghetti squash large or 2 small|
|1 tsp||Olive Oil|
|1 lb||Extra lean ground beef Feel free to sub in ground chicken or turkey instead of beef|
|1||Onion medium, diced|
|2 tbsp||Chilli Powder|
|2 cups||Cremini mushrooms chopped|
|1 can||Lentils drained and rinsed|
|0.5 can||Crushed tomatoes Store the remaining tomato sauce in a covered glass or plastic container (good for 5 to 7 days).|
|1 cup||Shredded cheese TexMex, Monterey Jack or cheddar|
|1 tsp||Chives (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut end off squash, and slice lengthwise. Scoop out seeds until halves are hollow.
- Brush olive oil on cut rims and place cut side down on parchment-lined baking tray.
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes to an hour, until fork tender.
- While the squash is cooking, prep the meat stuffing.
- In a large pot, cook ground beef on medium-high heat until brown (about 5 to 8 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, garlic, chili powder and salt. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, lentils and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take squash out of oven once cooked.
- Spoon beef mixture into squash “bowls” and top with cheese. Sprinkle on chives if using.
- Broil in oven until the cheese is melted to your liking.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.