Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|6 slices||Maple Bacon chopped|
|1 lrg||Onion thinly sliced|
|8 cups||Baby Spinach leaves|
|397 g||Frozen puff pastry defrosted|
- Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Preheat to 375F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and brown, 12 to 15 min. Add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 2 min. Set aside.
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface into 2 10x10-in. squares. Pastry will be thin, and edges will be uneven. Transfer each square to a prepared baking sheet. Divide spinach mixture between both pastry squares, leaving 1/2-in. border around the edges. With the back of a spoon, make 4 shallow wells in the spinach mixture of each tart. (The eggs will later be cracked into these wells.)
- Bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until pastry is very lightly golden and just puffed around the edges, about 12 min. Remove sheets from oven. Carefully crack an egg into each well on both tarts. Continue baking until egg whites are set, but yolks are still runny, switching sheets halfway through, 12 to 14 more min. Serve immediately with Cherry Tomato Jam.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.