Super Moist Roasted Turkey
3 hr 15 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove giblets from turkey cavities and rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- Combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, Bouillon, shallot and herbs in medium bowl; set aside. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture under skin. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack; rub remaining mayonnaise mixture over outside of turkey. Tent with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Decrease oven to 350° and roast turkey 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and continue roasting, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°and skin is browned and crispy. Let stand covered loosely with foil 20 minutes before carving. Serve with hot Roasted Turkey gravy.
- *SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 tsp. dried rosemary, sage and/or thyme, crushed.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.