Sushi Rice Pizzetas
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
- Combine sushi rice and 1 cup (250 mL) water in saucepan, set over high heat. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small microwaveable bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Microwave for 45 seconds on 100% power. Set aside to cool.
- Stir half of vinegar mixture into rice until rice is well coated. Stir in remaining vinegar.
- Heat oil in skillet set over medium heat. With wet hands, form rice into patties about 2” (5 cm) wide and 1/2” (1.25 cm) thick. In batches, add to skillet. Cook, turning once, for about 5 minutes or just until lightly golden on both sides.
- Top with smoked salmon, onion slivers and capers. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with VH® Wasabi Flavoured Soya Sauce.
- For that added Asian touch, serve the pizzetas on top of Shiso leaves on a bamboo platter.
- They can also be topped with sashimi grade salmon, tuna or cooked shrimp.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.