Tasty Chicken Biryani
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 cups||Basmati rice Washed & soaked|
|1 pkg||National Spice Mix for Bombay Biryani|
|4||Chicken breasts, skinless, boneless cut into chunks|
|2 tbsp||Vegetable Oil|
|2 med||White Onion chopped|
|4 cloves||Garlic finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Ginger grated|
|0.75 cup||Plain yogurt|
|0.5 cup||Almonds slivered|
- Soak the rice in warm water until water runs clear, then rinse to get rid of excess starch
- Drain the rice and place in a pot with enough cold water to go about 2cm above the rice.
- Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan then add onions, shallots, garlic and ginger and fry for 1-2 minutes, until golden-brown. Remove a large tablespoonful and set aside for garnishing.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the National Bombay Biryani Spice Mix and stir for 1 minute, then stir in the yoghurt and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add raisins and then mix in the pot with the part-cooked rice.
- Cover the pot and place over very low heat and cook for 10 minutes. Hint: Put a clean tea towel over the pot/under the lid to hold in the steam!
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve large spoonfuls garnished with the reserved shallot and onion mixture and add lightly toasted slivered almonds.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.