Thai Quinoa Salad
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|4 cups||Campbell's® No Salt Added Ready To Use Vegetable Broth|
|1.5 cups||Red Cabbage Shredded|
|1 cup||Carrot julienned (matchsticks)|
|4.5||leaves Thai basil minced|
|0.50 cup||Green Onions|
|0.50 cup||unsalted peanuts roasted and chopped|
|5||lime wedges for garnish|
|0.25 cup||all natural peanut butter|
|1 tsp||toasted sesame oil|
|1 tsp||Olive Oil|
|Water to thin|
- Place 2 cups of quinoa and 4 cups of Campbell's broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded cabbage, matchstick carrots, cilantro, basil, and green onions. Set aside. In a blender, combine ingredients for dressing and mix until creamy. Add water to thin, if necessary.
- To assemble, mix half of the dressing with the quinoa in a serving bowl. Add prepared vegetables and herbs, stirring gently to combine. Taste test and add more dressing if needed or desired. Garnish with roasted peanuts, extra cilantro, and a few lime wedges.
- Pairs well with Thai Beef Salad
- Chiffonade is a technique used for cutting herbs and leafy vegetables into thin ribbon strips. To chiffonade basil, for instance, stack leaves and roll them into a tube and carefully cut perpendicular to produce fine strips.
- Julienne is a technique similar to chiffonade, used with sturdier vegetables like carrots, that involves cutting a vegetable into thin strips or small, matchlike pieces.
- A bias cut means to slice not straight across, but at a diagonal (45-degrees). The cut creates elongated, oval shaped pieces for presentation and enjoyment.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.