Testing blood glucose (1)
Testing blood glucose (2)
- Wash your hands and dry them well before doing the test.
- Use an alcohol pad to clean the area you are going to prick and allow to dry. Usually this will be your fingertip, but with some meters you may use your forearm or thigh. When pricking your fingertip, it may be less painful to prick the side of your fingertip and not the pad.
- Prick yourself with the sterile lancet to a get a drop of blood.
- Place the drop of blood on the test strip.
- Follow the instructions for inserting the strip into the meter, unless it is already integrated in the meter.
Testing blood glucose (3)
Blood glucose targets
- Fasting blood glucose/Blood glucose before meals (mmol/L):
- Target for most people with diabetes: 4.0 to 7.0
- Normal range: 4.0 to 6.0
- Blood glucose two hours after eating (mmol/L):
- Target for most people with diabetes: 5.0 to 10.0
- Normal range: 5.0 to 8.0
- Target for most people with diabetes: ≤ 7%
- Normal range: ≤ 6%
Diabetes foot care (1)
Diabetes foot care (2)
Diabetes foot care (3)
Care for foot wounds
This information should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your doctor. There may be variations in treatment that your physician may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances. If you have questions about your symptoms, ask the Pharmacist at Walmart for more information, and/or contact your doctor.