Tomato-Bacon Mac and Cheese
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|1 pkg||Great Value Very High In Fiber Macaroni|
|0.25 cup||Great Value Salted Butter|
|0.25 cup||Great Value All Purpose White Flour|
|4 cups||1% milk|
|1 cup||Grated Great Value Old Cheddar Light Cheese|
|1 cup||Grape Tomatoes cut in half|
|0.25 cup||Great Value Fully Cooked Bacon flakes|
|1 tbsp||Great Value Salted Butter|
|0.75 cup||Seasoned breadcrumbs|
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) Spray an 8-cup (2 liter) baking dish with non-stick canola oil spray (if finishing in the oven with optional topping.)
- In a large pot of boiling water, prepare macaroni according to package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, return to the pot, and set aside.
- While the macaroni is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir through flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly, then continue to simmer for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through grated cheese until melted. Season with salt to taste.
- Pour prepared sauce over the cooked macaroni. Add halved tomatoes and bacon; stir well to combine. Enjoy as is or transfer mixture to prepared baking dish if making the topping.
- For the breadcrumb topping: Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high. Add breadcrumbs and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden. Rest 5 minutes before serving.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.