Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf
1 hr 5 min
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|3 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|10 ozs||Cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped|
|1 med||Fresh zucchini finely chopped|
|0.5 cup||Sweet onion finely chopped|
|1 lb||Turkey, lean ground|
|0.5 cup||Quinoa cooked according to package directions (about 1 cup/250 mL cooked)|
|4 slices||Bread sandwich bread, processed into crumbs|
|1 cup||Sauce no salt added tomato sauce|
|0.5 tsp||Ground Black Pepper|
|1 tbsp||Brown Sugar dark|
- Preheat oven to 375° F (176° C).
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large nonstick skillet and cook mushrooms, zucchini and onion, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to brown and tender, about 8 minutes; let cool.
- Combine mushroom mixture with ground turkey, cooked quinoa, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce, egg and pepper.
- Form mixture into loaf and arrange in shallow roasting pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Blend remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar and salt in small bowl.
- Brush top of loaf with tomato mixture and return to oven until meatloaf is thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes.
- TIP: For a gluten-free version, replace whole wheat bread with gluten-free bread.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.