Ultimate Prairie Burger
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
Garlic Lentil Puree
|1.5 cups||Split Red Lentils|
|2 tbsp||Great Value Real Mayonnaise|
|1 tsp||Great Value Liquid Honey|
|3 tbsp||Great Value Canola Oil|
Mustard Carrot Slaw
|3 med||Carrot peeled|
|0.5 sml||Red Onion thinly sliced|
|1 tbsp||Great Value Prepared Bold Deli Style Mustard|
|1 tbsp||Great Value Apple Cider Vinegar|
|0.5 tsp||Great Value Sea Salt|
|0.5 tsp||Great Value Ground Black Pepper|
|4 Patties||Great Value Beef Burgers|
|4 Portions||Great Value Hamburger Buns|
|4 slices||Gouda or Havarti, optional|
- Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse several times to puree.
- Continue to puree and slowly pour in canola oil until mixture becomes nice and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to small bowl and set aside until ready to assemble burgers.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots into thin, long strips. Once you reach the core of the carrot, slice as thinly as possible with a knife.
- Place carrots in a medium bowl along with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Let marinate in fridge for at least one hour before serving.
- Cook burgers on BBQ according to package directions.
- Smear garlic lentil puree on bottom and top halves of 4 burger buns.
- Add cooked patties, cheese, followed by carrot slaw
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.