Veggie Brown Rice & Orzo Pilaf
Price/Availability Effective Date: February 10, 2014
|2 tbsp||Becel® Buttery Taste margarine|
|1 sml||Onion chopped|
|2||Bell Pepper red, orange and/or yellow, finely chopped|
|1||Carrot finely chopped|
|1 Pinch||Ground Black Pepper|
|1 Pinch||Dried thyme leaves crushed|
|1 cup||Uncooked Rice brown rice|
|2.25 cups||Reduced sodium chicken broth|
|1 cup||Uncooked orzo pasta prepared according to package directions|
|2 tbsp||Fresh Parsley finely chopped (optional)|
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, red peppers, carrot, salt, pepper and thyme, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice and cook 3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in hot orzo and parsley.
+Not available at Walmart.
++Available in select stores only.
* Estimated cost per person based on prices for ingredients listed in the recipe as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Like products may be substituted. Prices and selection may vary by store. Certain items not available in all stores, or at Walmart. Ingredient availability confirmed as of the Price/Availability Effective Date. Seasonal items available at peak only. Check with your local store or Walmart.ca for availability.
This article is intended as general information. Always be sure to read and follow the label(s)/instruction(s) that accompany your product(s). Walmart will not be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this activity.