Women’s Activewear Guide
Women’s Activewear 101
Types of Women’s Activewear
Women’s Active Shorts
Women’s Active Pants
Women’s Active Tops
Women’s Athletic Shoes
Women’s Activewear Buying Tips:
• Measure yourself and use a size guide to ensure proper fit
• Buy activewear tops and bottoms suitable for the season
• Be aware of fabric options to choose the most functional and comfortable clothing
• Consider buying multiple pairs of activewear tops and bottoms so you can rotate your fitness wardrobe
Women’s Activewear Features
Activewear Fit +
Women’s activewear can fit loosely or be snug against the body, and the fit you choose depends on the type of workout. More fitted women’s activewear is good for yoga, running, cardio or any other exercise where you don’t want excess material getting in your way. Looser-fitting clothes are good for warming up, cooling down or for low-impact exercise.
Seasonal Activewear +
It’s important to wear workout gear that’s appropriate to the season so you stay comfortable and regulate your temperature. Active tops, active bottoms and coverups come lined with fleece for the winter to keep your body warm without adding bulk. Women’s summer activewear features breathable mesh or moisture-wicking fabrics for quicker cool-downs after a hot weather workout.
Moisture Wicking Fabrics +
Most often used for active tops, moisture wicking fabrics draw moisture away from your body to keep you cool, comfortable and dry during exercise. The fabric works by pulling moisture to the fabric surface where it evaporates so your clothes don’t trap heat and sweat against your skin while you’re burning calories.
Activewear Accents +
Women’s activewear also features functional accents to keep you prepared and ready for a workout in any situation. Activewear coverups and active bottoms come with pockets to hold your keys, your gym pass, a music player or anything else you’d like to have on hand while you exercise. Women’s activewear tops and coverups can also feature hoods to protect against the elements if you exercise outside. Zippers can add stylish detail to your active tops and coverups. They fasten snugly when you’re chilled and allow heat to escape during cool-down.
Shop Accessories & Related Products:
Activewear Care Tips:
• Wash in warm water to prevent bacteria build up
• Separate bright colours and patterns from whites
• Hang clothes to dry to avoid shrinking
• Do not dry clean unless label instructs otherwise
• Iron as needed
• Always follow the manufacturer’s directions for care and cleaning
Best Activewear for Your Body Type